Tuesday 5 April 2011

Doctor Who

    I have mentioned that I am mildly geeky, and one aspect of that geekiness is a fierce love for Doctor Who. While I have not seen any of the old-school seasons, I fully intend to and may make that a project for this summer in order to fill the non-schooling months. I started watching about halfway through the first season which featured the fantastic Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. I pretty much fell in love and was crushed when he was replaced with David Tennant (whom some of you may know better as one Barty Crouch Jr. [also, mostly to the Blaseckies, how did I fail to notice that Barty Crouch Sr. is Owen]) This crushed feeling was quickly replaced by a massive crush, most definitely helped along by the knowledge that the good Doctor was now secretly Scottish. After three glorious Tennant-filled seasons, the sonic screwdriver was passed on to Matt Smith. While I firmly believe that David Tennant will always be my doctor, Matt and his bowtie seem to be growing on me and I am super excited for the return of Dr. Who on April 23rd with The Impossible Astronaut.
   The show has made me cry on numerous occasions, and there are a couple episodes I cannot watch with the lights off, and I cannot wait to see what they have in store for the upcoming season.

For those of you who have yet to encounter the wonderful world of Who,
here's a crash course:

   Well, that is all for today. I shall leave you with one of my favorite jokes.
Knock Knock
Who's there?
Doctor.
Doctor Who?
Correct.

PS: It also has the added bonus of John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness

No comments:

Post a Comment